The First and Foremost Thing to Know
This is a great question. It is people like you that push me to improve our site. Thanks!
After much thought, I would have to say the most important factor in finding the best price on a quality diamond is finding the best dealer. I have several reasons for this answer.
- Obviously, only the most efficient dealers will be able to stay in business offering low markups on find goods. And there are no “deals” in this business. If one diamond is priced lower than another diamond at one of the top internet dealers, you can be sure that something about the quality is lacking. No exceptions. To get a good deal, you need to find a good dealer.
- Only the most honest dealers will represent the quality of a diamond accurately. Without proper grading and assessment of a stone’s beauty, you will usually pay more for a lesser quality diamond. The practice of over-grading is still so common that I cannot warn you enough about it. That is why we insist that you should receive a respected, third-party grading certificate with any diamond.
- Only the most knowledgeable dealers can help you make all the best decisions about the 4 Cs and beyond, to help you find a diamond that fits all of your personal needs.
How to Find the Best Diamond Dealers
We offer two ways to help you find the best diamond dealers:
- For the best prices anywhere, you should read our independent, expert ratings of the top dealers on the internet. Many have been in business as local stores for years before adding a Web site and offer much more than just good prices. We can save you days of research and give you confidence with our test results. In these reports, we compare prices, diamond selection, search engines, information given, customer service, etc.
- Check out our complete tutorial on choosing a good dealer. Also, read our lesson on avoiding the 20 common scams to make it safe. Many jewelers, both local and on the internet, use unsavory tricks of the trade to increase markups. Most offer lower quality goods and will not show certificates because grading is exaggerated. The two articles above will help you buy with confidence.